Hasta 6 de julio de 2013
La Universidad Deakin en Melbourne, Australia, anuncia una vacante de profesor de español, con fecha límite de presentación de candidaturas el 6 de julio de 2013
Deakin University apunta los siguientes criterios para el proceso de selección:
The Lecturer will be required to teach, undertake research and publish in the area of Spanish linguistics and/or Applied linguistics. The appointee will promote the School and maintain links and partnerships with relevant academic, industry and professional communities. The appointee will make an independent contribution to the School?s teaching, research, and program development.
SELECTION CRITERIA ESSENTIAL
- – PhD in a relevant field (or equivalent) or significant progression towards a PhD.
- – Experience, Knowledge and Skills
- – Ability to develop curricula and resources that reflect an understanding of the Spanish language and culture.
- – Ability to contribute effectively to the Faculty?s language teaching programs in a manner that influences, motivates, and inspires students to learn.
- – Ability to develop and administer assessment regimes and provide feedback that fosters independent learning.
- – Ability to present research seminars and publish in reputed international journals.
- – Capacity to supervise research students in Spanish language and linguistics.
- – Proven research activity in the area of Spanish language and culture, including a sound record in publishing in highly ranked academic journals.
- – Ability to contribute to the development and maintenance of partnerships with professional associations and) with domestic educational institutions (and industry).
- – Demonstrated commitment to Equal Opportunity principles and practices, and Occupational Health and Safety.
- – Interpersonal skills that demonstrate the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with students, the staff of the Faculty and School and with other members of the University.
- – Ability to adapt to changes in the environment and effectively meets new challenges.
- – Commitment to the University?s Mission, Core Commitments and Values which include ? excellence, academic freedom, collegiality, continuous improvement, ethical behaviour, accountability and environmental responsibility.
SELECTION CRITERIA DESIRABLE
Experience, Knowledge and Skills
- – Teaching and supervision in Spanish language and linguistics and an understanding of the University?s principles of teaching, learning and the student experience.
- – Administration of academic programs.
- – Demonstrated personal quality of leadership.